How it all began: 31/12/09 -

So here it is my narcassistic page of golden syrup on toast and there you are the faceless crown i'm telling my tale to, gratis therapy of the 21st century....

You my lil blogger friends are invited along for the ride but i'm warning you now, it ain't going to be easy as we both know its not like it is in the movies... this is going to be one gnaryly self absorbed, rocky road and you'll need to pull your socks up if you are going to keep up!





Friday 1 January 2010

Starting Point & Strangers

So I survived NY on my own, well almost, a delicious helping of Hugh Grant in Love Actually carried me through the bells and straight into 2010.

So as day one, today definately needs an action plan and they say godliness is next to cleanliness so despite my otherwise agnostic approach to life I'm wiling to take this one at face value...  Goodbye clutter.

When my grandma passed away I was only a little girl but remember cleaning out her house with my mum and aunt and it was insane the sheer volume of rubbish she had sqeezed into that 1 bedroom flat - I think I to might also be a closet hoarder. 

No, its time to be brutal anything I can't remember owning, anything I haven't worn in the last 6months and all 'just incase' items must go!  Goodbye old nail varnish, magazine cuttings with 'must have eyeshadow' and hello industrial black bin liners for the charity shop. 

On another note, my ex, flatmate and NY eve ditcher will be back at some point today and i've reasoned with myself the last hour to just let it go??  Bottom line, he isn't a bad person, just inconsiderate at times taking me for granted, but I guess I helped him to get there so maybe I'm to blame as much as he is?  I think i'll go with the avoidance approach - "Hi there, happy new year... yep, I spent it on my own... ok gotta go" ? 
Oh and the wardrobe upstairs in my room strewn with the clutter he never uses but never gets round to clearing out... Same rules apply.

I'd like nothing more than to hang out with someone today and avoid all contact with him, but i'm going to resist, no avoiding this year - everything head on.  Baby steps.  Clean flat and then a night of pampering myself.

I'll let you know how it goes...

ps:  Thanks to those of you who are reading and have either commented or sent me emails over the last 24hrs x

No comments:

Post a Comment