How it all began: 31/12/09 -

So here it is my narcassistic page of golden syrup on toast and there you are the faceless crown i'm telling my tale to, gratis therapy of the 21st century....

You my lil blogger friends are invited along for the ride but i'm warning you now, it ain't going to be easy as we both know its not like it is in the movies... this is going to be one gnaryly self absorbed, rocky road and you'll need to pull your socks up if you are going to keep up!





Tuesday 9 February 2010

Pink Wellies & Crowd Surfing

Well my birthday weekend didn't quite go as planned but was enjoyable all the same. 

I went out with the girls from Uni on Thursday (my actual birthday) after finishing off work on a group presentation.  We headed to a local bar played pool, drank heaven (koppaberg - elderflower and lime), and then went onto an Italian where my friend works as a chef for some well needed food. I got home about 2am still wearing the pink stripy wellies I'd selected that morning to help me trudge through the park to Uni - classy!

On Friday and Saturday I met with a few friends for a quick catchup and coffee and then on Saturday night I went to the cinema with Mr S.  The only film on was 'The road' which neither of us had heard of... It wasn't the ideal choice for a cheery birthday trip to the cinema but it was heartwarming and I would definately recommend it.  Sunday I headed into town to meet a girl from work who was celebrating her b'day.  I didn't know anyone there as our mutual friends didn't turn up until later - it wasn't ideal.  I sucked it in and introduced myself but the group weren't the most forthcoming, thank goodness the rugby game was on for a welcome distraction!

I met Red later on Sunday and we headed to a gig at one of the local venues (she isn't much of a gig monkey but keeps trying).  Red clocked a guy she thought was staring over at me and so enforced pushing and shoving ensued until I was forced to stand right beside him.  He was definately attractive but too young (and if you knew me that would make you giggle as apparently 'I like them young'), anyway as the main act came on he rapidly evolved from 'regular hot but young guy' to 'insane guy in a stripy t-shirt' noted by all as someone to stay away from due to his insane bouncing!  We should have moved but as the view was great we decided to stay... 3 songs later stripy t-shirt guy had somehow managed to lift me up and I was crowd surfing towards the stage!

So in brief turning 28 = pink wellies, koppaberg, playing pool, Italian food, 6 Nations and crowd surfing!

---------------------
An awesome band who will be huge in a few years:  Twin Atlantic, Audience and Audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJCaOUV_krAd

1 comment:

  1. pink wellies.... call the style police!

    J

    x

    ReplyDelete