How it all began: 31/12/09 -

So here it is my narcassistic page of golden syrup on toast and there you are the faceless crown i'm telling my tale to, gratis therapy of the 21st century....

You my lil blogger friends are invited along for the ride but i'm warning you now, it ain't going to be easy as we both know its not like it is in the movies... this is going to be one gnaryly self absorbed, rocky road and you'll need to pull your socks up if you are going to keep up!





Tuesday 22 June 2010

Daddy Warbucks

First things first - I didn't go on my date.  One of the guys in my team at work came in despite hving a stomach bug, lasted 1/2 the shift and went home and subsequently managed to 'infect' myself and two other members of the team so I had to postpone.  I did however bite the bullet and do this over the phone rather than text which must have bought me some kudos points as he has text me a few times since and called last night to arrange the date again so its Thursday this week.

I'm doing additional hours at work all summer to try and get together a little pot of cash for going back to Uni in September but I want to do so many things I've already run out of 'fun money' or at least I don't have enough of it to do what I want to.  I've got the festival bug this year and want to head to Sonisphere at the end of July which in itself would be fine, however I'm taking my mum to where we used to live in August before pay day hits and although the extortionate train tickets are paid for the the £300 for the hotel isn't and when I say to you that was the cheapest place I could find i'm not lying.

Ahhh to have someone who says 'Hey Serendipity, you work hard, you are a good person, you deserve a break.  Here's £400 go and buy yourself a ticket to Sonisphere and have fun'  *sniff where are the real life Daddy Warbucks?

If only taking my mum on holiday to give her a well needed break could be 2 weeks later after payday.  At least then I would have August pay packet to fall back on and could easily have some fun in July.

---------------
Supergrass - Sun hits the Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment