How it all began: 31/12/09 -

So here it is my narcassistic page of golden syrup on toast and there you are the faceless crown i'm telling my tale to, gratis therapy of the 21st century....

You my lil blogger friends are invited along for the ride but i'm warning you now, it ain't going to be easy as we both know its not like it is in the movies... this is going to be one gnaryly self absorbed, rocky road and you'll need to pull your socks up if you are going to keep up!





Thursday 17 June 2010

Girl seeks Boy

Right well as with the list I joined a well known online dating site to see how dating in the 21st century is rocking out these days.

Filling in my profile was one of the most daunting things I have done in a while as I wasn't sure how much I should put, I mean this might be my 'my life on a plate' blog, but with my face attached to the info i'm not so forthcoming as if you've been reading this a while will already know.  Anyway I filled in a minimal amount and then put a few lines in the empty white box of 'about me' or something like that and started browsing.

I didn't see anyone jump out at me other than when I searched in London.  It seems that if you live in London, online dating is where it is at and elsewhere online dating members could be split into catagories:

The shy - 'I'm never going to meet anyone any other way'
The ever hopeful - 'I'm 60 but am searching for a woman in her 20 - 30s'
The desperate - 'I've never had a relationship in my life'
The player  - enough said
The water testers - those like me who are sitting on the fence looking in.

Anyway, however you look at it the pickings are slim.  I've had various 'winks' and emails since joining and have even entered into short conversations back and forth but I am beginning to think that the art of the witty email may be an easy one if given enough time in between responses.  That said, I've spoken to two people who seem interesting so have decided I will take the jump and go on a date with one of them if for nothing else than to report back to you guys.  Taking one for the team if you like.

Watch this space, I will open doors to an invite tonight in an email and reccon I might be telling you how it went this time next week.  Yep.. No love is lost on this little duck just now.
-------------------
This tune doesn't really fit tonights blog but I have been listening to this tune a lot lately and love the lyrics.
Sarah McLachlan - The Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment