How it all began: 31/12/09 -

So here it is my narcassistic page of golden syrup on toast and there you are the faceless crown i'm telling my tale to, gratis therapy of the 21st century....

You my lil blogger friends are invited along for the ride but i'm warning you now, it ain't going to be easy as we both know its not like it is in the movies... this is going to be one gnaryly self absorbed, rocky road and you'll need to pull your socks up if you are going to keep up!





Monday 16 August 2010

Derby Days

I headed out for the first time in my derby boots last night with a girl from work who found me on the next intake list for the team.  We've been hanging out a lot of late, i'm not sure I've told you about her... I'll need to check but if not her name will be 'six' as she talks a heap just like the character from Blossom.

Anyway Six has decided that being part of the team will be too hard and take too much of a tole on her body so although she will still join at the same intake time she is going to go down the ref route rather than hitting the team.  I on the other hand have my sights firmly set on the position of jammer.

Six was really uncertain on her feet and i'm not sure what it is inside me but I can be super scared or super nervous about something but when other people show concerns I seem to step up, put any worries in a deep dark place in my head and lead the way.  I was petrified on my skates last night after falling on my ass several times just adjusting the wheels in my flat a few days before (i'm covered in bruises) but I just got on with it yesterday and well... It appears I have skills!!  I think by the end of the 3mth induction which starts at the end of this month I might be a speed demon to be recconed with.

I need to pick a name and a number as part of the roller derby way of life and while I have no Idea of the number as yet I've two names for my alter ego ready to go (providing no-one else in a league has them registered), and while I'm not going to tell you who I am... As we have been together over 6months now my lil bloggerino's I think I owe you a bone. 
---------------------
The Ettes - Crown of Age
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHbrKjK_hKY&feature=fvst

No comments:

Post a Comment