How it all began: 31/12/09 -

So here it is my narcassistic page of golden syrup on toast and there you are the faceless crown i'm telling my tale to, gratis therapy of the 21st century....

You my lil blogger friends are invited along for the ride but i'm warning you now, it ain't going to be easy as we both know its not like it is in the movies... this is going to be one gnaryly self absorbed, rocky road and you'll need to pull your socks up if you are going to keep up!





Wednesday 27 October 2010

Come Dine with Me


I headed to the Come Dine with Me dinner event last night with Red, Walliams and his friend who I'm going to call Duplo as I saw a few things in him that remind me somewhat of me, and also because right now I can't think of anything better.

The event was held at a newly reopened bar/restaraunt quite close to where I stay.  The come dine with me theme was loose and involved a table of 4 people voting on their most favourite dishes after each course, once done the two most popular would be the only ones you paid for.  For a 2 course meal (we were too stuffed to eat any more), for 4 people, with 2 drinks each we paid £41 which was great as the food was fantastic and I will definately go back.

Duplo was a pretty nice guy and at first sight I thought he might be Red's cup of tea.  Red didn't seem that interested, however she heard from Billy that day (almost two weeks after they were meant to meet up), and wasn't on great form to be honest.  I made several attempts to revolve the conversation around things of interest to Red so she could take centre stage but she seemed a little out of sorts.  I think her ego has taken a bit of a bruising.  Walliams did the same for Duplo and the conversation flowed, the more I realised that Duplo was actually pretty hot, works out, nice physiqe and pretty charismatic. 

After we all met, Walliams had started talking about our Halloween party, Duplo had said he was uncertain if he would come as he had recently been made redundant and wasn't too into the whole dressing up thing.  By the end of the night he grabbed my arm as we were leaving to tell me he was definately going to work out a costume and come along on Saturday.  The evening ended with a few goodbyes and a rather embarassed Duplo I went for a goodbye frienly hug at the same time he went for the french double kiss approach - oh dear!

I'm not going to say watch this space as that would be overly premature, however I will say that I am somewhat looking forward to seeing if Duplo turns up and if so talking a little more.

Other than that, Walliams have our first of two mannequins for the party secured.  We picked it up last night and too her 'Carrie' to the bar for a beer and a few comedy photo's before heading back to the flat and picking up our stepladders from Mr X's flat as he had borrowed them earlier in the week.  Mr X answered the door in nothing but a towel and so brought the ladders over a few mins later and stayed for a beer.

Yep, it was a pretty great school night evening.

----------------------
George Harrison - Got my mind set on You

No comments:

Post a Comment