How it all began: 31/12/09 -

So here it is my narcassistic page of golden syrup on toast and there you are the faceless crown i'm telling my tale to, gratis therapy of the 21st century....

You my lil blogger friends are invited along for the ride but i'm warning you now, it ain't going to be easy as we both know its not like it is in the movies... this is going to be one gnaryly self absorbed, rocky road and you'll need to pull your socks up if you are going to keep up!





Thursday 9 December 2010

Goodbye Great Britain

'Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army'
Edward Everett
I think today the youth of Britain got metaphorically castrated!


I was at one of the protests against the increase in tuition fees today.  It was a cert that the bill would be passed, but never the less it is important that if you feel that strongly against something you somehow make that opinion heard. 

Since getting back in I've watched the news and it seems a lot kicked off today.  Where I was I have to say things got a little bit violent, more so because the police crammed everyone into a tiny space where no-one could move, breath etc.  Put people in a situation like that and accompany it with a few police men who are nothing less than scum in a uniform edging for a fight and of course things kick off.

I'm not hugely into politics as you know, but I do believe that you can't complain about things if you don't vote and so I try to vote every year.  This year I voted Lib Dem.... What a mistake!  The sole reason I voted for the party was because of their policy on tuition fees  and now look what has happened.  Nick Clegg has taken my vote and rammed it up my ass sideways!

Education for the rich it appears is how Britain intends to move forward.  For a girl who has worked hard for what she has and comes from a poor council estate and a definite working class background (both parents worked in factories), I am completely disheartened at what happened today.

No comments:

Post a Comment